Our friendly, six-court community tennis club, tucked away in a quiet and leafy location just to the west of Victoria Park, is a club with history. It was founded in 1880 and is believed to one of the top 10 oldest clubs in the country. Seven-time Wimbledon winner William Renshaw was a club champion here over 130 years ago.
Our club is open throughout the year. We have four macadam tennis hard courts (freshly painted in 2016) and two floodlit AstroTurf courts, allowing play to continue in the evening. We have a functional clubhouse with a lounge, fully licensed bar, 40-inch digital television, pool table and hot drinks machine. There is a well-equipped kitchen and men’s and ladies’ changing rooms with showers.
We provide excellent coaching services for adults and juniors alike – including mini tennis for young players – with plenty of opportunities to play socially and competitively, both within the club and externally, representing the club across Avon & Wiltshire.
The club is open to both members and non-members. Currently we have around 250 members supporting the club, with around 100 of these being juniors. Becoming a member helps support the club and members are entitled to discounted coaching rates.
During the spring and summer the club provides free play opportunities to people in Bath and the surrounding community who want to just get on a court and hit a few tennis balls.